WhatsApp rolled out a slew of new updates on both Android and iOS in the last few months for users who are a part of the developer beta programme. Out of all the updates released, one of them is a “fingerprint lock” which helps you secure your chats on WhatsApp. It was earlier this year in February when WhatsApp had rolled out the Authentication feature for iOS beta users. This feature made it possible for the users to use Touch ID to unlock the app. WhatsApp finally released the feature on Android last month. So, here’s how you can secure your WhatsApp chats with the fingerprint lock to make sure nobody gets access to them.
Locking WhatsApp Chat On iOS
Before you unlock your WhatsApp chats on iOS, it’s important to make sure that your phone is running WhatsApp version 2.19.20.
- First step is to go to the “settings” tab on WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on “privacy”.
- Scroll down to screen lock and set the toggle on.
- Once you’ve set the toggle on, your touch ID on iPhone will get activated for WhatsApp. And in case you have a face ID, your face will unlock the WhatsApp chats.
Locking WhatsApp Chat On Android
To enable Whatspp chat on Android, make sure your phone is running the WhatsApp version 2.19.221.
- First, go to WhatsApp “settings” on your Android smartphone.
- Then head to the “account” section and tap on “privacy”.
- Once you tap on privacy, scroll down to the last option i.e. fingerprint unlock.
- You then tap on the “fingerprint lock”, following which you will be asked to confirm whether you want to use your fingerprint sensor to lock/unlock WhatsApp with your registered finger on the sensor.
So, there you go! This is how you lock your WhatsApp Chats with fingerprint.